Faizal is a business lawyer, born and raised in Vancouver. His areas of practice include: commercial transactions, real estate law, corporate matters and financing. He currently acts for an array of clients ranging from small retailers and e-commerce clients to large businesses and real estate developers.
Faizal is a problem solver, and believes in finding common sense solutions for his clients. In order to provide the greatest value to his clients, Faizal dedicates his energy to gaining deep insight into each of his client’s businesses and getting to know each of them personally. It’s all about the big picture. Faizal believes that success is built on relationships and understanding people, which informs his approach to practicing law, and more broadly, his day-to-day life.
- Real estate developments and related works, including disclosure statements & amendments thereto, ongoing advice and bulk sales
- Purchasers and vendors of commercial properties in Vancouver
- Acting for and advising commercial landlords and tenants
- Incorporations, corporate structuring and re-organization
- Various mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses
- Acting for institutional and private lenders as well as borrowers
- Distributorship of goods
- General counsel to numerous corporate clients
Education & Interests
Faizal attended the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in 2003 where he obtained a degree of Honors Specialization in Political Science.
After a couple years of coaching tennis and traveling, Faizal attended Dalhousie University where he earned a Juris Doctorate of Laws (J.D.) and was called to the Bar in British Columbia in 2013 where he has been practicing ever since.
Faizal relishes the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and to travel.