Livia was born and raised in Burnaby. She has been working in the legal industry for over 15 years, starting out as a residential conveyancer in the Fraser Valley. Before joining Stirling LLP Livia was employed as a paralegal in the Real Estate Practice Group of a national firm in downtown Vancouver, working in a group of six real estate and two banking paralegals.
Livia handles all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, residential conveyances and property development matters, including property subdivisions, preparation of related land title documents, strata plan registrations and dealings with First Nations lands registered in the federal Indian Land Registry. She also has experience with commercial lending matters, acting for both lenders and borrowers. Livia frequently conducts comprehensive due diligence searches of vendors and borrowers, the target properties and off-title related matters and prepares due diligence reports and summaries based on the search results.
Livia has been a team member on transactions involving:
- $63M acquisition of a retail shopping plaza.
- $30M financing of a retail lease building.
- $207.5M loan security for flag hotels located in Vancouver, Richmond and Calgary.
- $126M mezzanine financing for Whistler and Blackcomb Mountain.
- Preparation of disclosure statements, disclosure statement amendments, managing purchaser deposit installments and purchaser information databases and preparing information packages for the strata closings.
- Several freehold and strata lot subdivisions.
- Overseeing sales of new strata lots and payout of the related construction facilities.
- Long term leases of multi-residential buildings on First Nations lands and transfer of subleased residential units on behalf of the developer.
Education and Industry Involvement
Livia obtained her Bachelor of Arts from the University of British Columbia in 2002 and Paralegal certification from Capilano University in 2007.
She is currently a member of the British Columbia Paralegal Association.
When not at the office, Livia fulfills her other job as wife, mother and chauffeur to two young tots. She is always up for playing volleyball, even after multiple shoulder dislocations and two surgeries later, but she is under doctor’s orders not to high five anyone with her right arm. Livia speaks conversational Cantonese.
Download the pdf version of Livia’s biography: