Kashif has a decade of experience in a wide range of corporate/commercial matters. He began private practice in 2011 with a boutique business law firm in downtown Vancouver where he became a partner. His experience also includes working in the Canadian energy industry at leading companies.
He has a broad business practice with extensive experience in corporate and commercial law, energy law, and private mergers & acquisitions. He also works closely with the Stirling team on commercial real estate transactions and land matters.
- Counsel for a BC real estate investment firm in $100 million private placement transaction.
- Counsel for various small, medium, and large-sized companies on asset and share purchase transactions, strategic alliances, and business combinations.
- Advising various companies on corporate governance including board & committee duties, shareholder matters, and business reorganizations.
- Counsel for a high-tech company in spin-off asset transaction, debt disposition, and resolution of contentious shareholder dispute.
- Advising corporate clients on joint ventures and partnerships, executive employment, financings, commercial leases, and technology licensing.
- Counsel for energy clients in asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, construction, ownership & operations, gas processing, gas transportation, and land rights.
- Acting for a high-tech manufacturer on the completion of major credit facilities.
- Acting for various not-for-profit clients on corporate governance issues, reorganizations, and charitable registration matters.
- Counsel for various U.S. and Canadian high-tech, design, and infrastructure firms in obtaining cross-border work authorizations for key personnel.
Education & Community Involvement
Kashif obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan and his Bachelor of Business Administration in finance from the University of Regina. He was called to the Bar in British Columbia in 2011.
He is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and he is regularly involved in pro bono work for community groups and legal clinics.
He has made presentations to:
- The New Westminster Bar Association
- Various not-for-profit organizations, community associations, and governmental agencies.